Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WoonRO Seasons Outline

Nihad

oCU87FK.png

〉Hello everyone! :scissor:

My name is Nihad. If you don't know who I am, I am a game developer and active in the RO scene since before 2009. My first big project was WoonRO back then and while it hasn't been my only project up until now it's always been the one where my passion is. WoonRO had received a lot of good feedback and some of its features had been used by many other Ragnarok servers afterward. Unfortunately I have never been able to make all of my players happy but I received a lot of nice messages and requests to open new servers. Running such a big project can be really stressful but seeing how, after all these years, there are still players who can enjoy my servers, it takes away a lot of the stress and gives me excitement to try my best. 
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

〉WoonRO Season 2

WoonRO Season 2 is a near identical copy of the existing WoonRO server.
Seasons are an optional, recurring game mode that allows you the opportunity to start fresh every few months, leveling a character from scratch without previously earned items, levels, and zeny. A great positive of the season system is reliving the initial progression, and seeing a character grow in great strides. Seasons are separate from each other, and it might seem intimidating that your character will have to start fresh. None of your efforts will be wasted however, as all your endeavors within a season — characters, items, levels, donations, zeny etc. — will be rolled over and merged with the non-seasonal WoonRO server once the season concludes. This system can be found on various popular big games such as Archeage or Diablo.

Season 2 is scheduled for revision after 6 months. The decision on what to do with Season 2 will be determined by how active the community is and/or a community vote. A server merge will require for all servers to be taken down for a few days. Our intent is to preserve all character data so that effort is never lost. The next Season will launch after 6 months independently from what happens to the previous Season. :ic:

〉Update Schedule

There will be slight adjustments to the server based on player feedback and our own experience with Season 1 over the last 2 years.
Those adjustments will be summarized and listed 1 week prior to the server launch. 

• The first month of the server will have weekly updates so we can bring quick fixes and adjustments based on the community.
  • The second month we will go into bi-weekly updates and if needed quick fixes.
  • From that point on we will do monthly updates and focus on quality of the updates and the community. Hotfixes will be made when ever needed.

It is important to point out that this schedule is not a promise and might change based on the availability of the developers.
Updates include but are not limited to new content, fixes, adjustments or similar.

〉Ranking and Rewards System

Each month there will be a ranking system based on the points accumulated.
We will give real money or cash point rewards for the top 5 players and in-game rewards for the top ranked player for each eligible class.
There will also be a grand ranking system that will be set for 6 months after server launch date with cash rewards for the top 3 grand ranking players and the top ranked player of each eligible class. Eligible classes will be listed in game in the ranking system.

Getting points will be simple and for the most part automated.

• Top 3 ranked PvP players will get points each time the PvP ranks are reset.
  • Top 3 ranked MvP players will get points each time the MvP ranks are reset.
  • You will be able to trade in BG badges for points.
  • You will be able to trade in BG cases for points.
  • Which ever guild owns a WoE castle, they can pick their WoE roster to get daily points as long as they continue to own the castle.
  • Winning KoE will also reward points.
  • You will be able to trade Zeny for points.
  • Other methods for accumulating points may be added in the future based on community feedback. Point quantity will be determined prior to server launch and the community given a chance to give feedback. 

It is important to point out that this is not the final system. There is still room for feedback and improvement as our launch date is still far away. :em:

〉General Features :ic:

Like mentioned before, WoonRO Season 2 is a near identical copy of the existing WoonRO server.
Below you'll find the basic setup for the server, however more might be added as we get closer to the initial opening.

• Spoiler
    • 75x Base Experience
    • 75x Job Experience
    • 50x Quest Experience
    • 50x Normal Drops
    • 50x Normal Cards
    • 1x MVP/Miniboss Cards*
    • 5x MVP/Miniboss Drop Rates**
    • 5x Pet/Homunculus Intimacy
    • Episode 13.2
    • Pre-Renewal
    • 99/70 Max Levels
    • 99 Max Base Stats
    • 190 Max ASPD
    • Hercules Emulator
    • Fast-Refresh Client
    • Account Protection
    • Gepard Shield Protected
    • Multi-Client Enabled
    • DDoS Mitigation
    • Auto-Database Backups
    • Buffs from Healer
    • Warper (Town, Dungeon, Field, and MVP)
    • Job Changer
    • Battlegrounds 3.0
    • Battleground Class Balancing
    • King of Emperium
    • Devil Square
    • Card Remover
    • Stylist
    • Costume Maker
    • Super Reset NPC
    • Extended Restock Command
    • Guild Housing
    • Renewal Instances
    • Custom Auras
    • Revival System
    • 25% Party EXP Bonus
    • 40 Max Party Size
    • 20 Level EXP Share Range
    • Guild Buffs - Guild Leader Transfer
    • Guild Item Binding - 76 Max Guild Size
    • BG, WoE, PvP Battlegrounds Cases
    • Battlegrounds Enchanter - Battlegrounds Headgear Shop
    • WoE Castle Manager - WoE Rental Equipment
    • WoE Participation Shop
    • PvP Modes - PvP Auras
    • Event Shop
    • Claw Machine
    • Voting Shop
    • GM Hosted Events
    • Forum Events
    • Discord Events
    • Freebies through NPC
    • BG starter pack available in game
    • WoE Rental system up to 10 WoEs

〉Marketing/Advertising

Unlike before, we will set aside a % of the servers monthly income for marketing purposes. This will ensure that we can continue to advertise as much as possible to keep the influx of new players steady. Our main advertising platforms will be Instagram, Facebook, RateMyServer, Voting sites and more. There will be cash rewards as well as gift cards as those seem to catch the biggest interest in people nowadays. :zeny:

〉WoonRO Season 1

WoonRO Season 1 will receive all the updates from season 2 at a slight delay.
This is to avoid having to do too many updates at once so that it is all manageable.
The updates provided to Season 1 will be identical to season 2 with the exception of some core changes made prior to launching Season 2.
However we are more than willing to implement those changes in Season 1 if requested by the community.

Once the 6 month period expires for season 2 (after we determine the next step) the previously mentioned ranking system may be implemented in season 1 if there is a request for it and the finances support it. 

Okay Nihad, but I still have some questions... :bzz:

:qm: What happens to the money I already donated to the main server? Will I get back my cash points back?

• We are not doing a wipe or anything of the sort. All your donations still remain and retain their original value. Donations on Season 1 and Season 2 are treated separate from each other. 

:qm: When will the new project be released? 

• Release date will be May 15th. Exact time will be announced a week prior.

:qm: Why do you still not have a party join system for BG? 

• I have clarified this in the discord. But the short version is that I cannot implement it since I do not have enough source knowledge. Anytime I get close it causes server crashes. I prefer server stability, we will once again open it to outside developers to see if anyone can finish this feature this time around. 

:qm: How will the donations be accessible for non-donators? 

• Same as always, you will be able to attain all non-cosmetic donations in game through BG or other events. We will however have donation only costumes to help fund the server.

:qm: How active are you going to be? And who do we go to if you are not around?

• I will be around 3-4 hours every morning and 1-2 hours every evening after work. My work time is 10-12 hours so keep in mind I may not be able to reply as soon as you message me. If you need an immediate solution that a GM cannot answer then the next best choice is Grey. He will be in charge of player relations and has administrative access. 

mkR3Uwc.png